Hey everyone, I'm so excited about this particular blog post because what makes it so different from the others is that this one is a special collaboration with none other than HomeAway.
We all know that Winter is almost over...almost. Which means that Spring and Summer are closer than we think. What better way to spend your first Sunny weekend in the new season then a trip to the beach!
We were talking with some friends from HomeAway and they decided on the brilliant idea of creating a list of five essentials every women needs when heading on a vacation to the beach and asked us what these five essential items were to us.
1. Speakers: For me personally, there’s nothing I love better than being able to soak in the sun, mixed with the sound of my favourite music and the crashing waves. A speaker for me is a necessity for a good time. Especially if you’re going with company it’s a quick simple way to bring everyone together.
2. Water bottle: Why? Well because staying hydrated is the number one key, especially if one is going to spend the day in the scorching hot sun. If you’re not really a fan of water a key tip is to try adding some of your favourite fruits to it. It gives it an amazing taste you’ll be so surprised. Some of my favourites include, mint, lemon and strawberries.
3. Sunscreen: MAJOR NECESSITY. No question about it, this is one of the most important items on the list. I mean…it’s sunscreen, need I say more? All I will say however, is that be sure to buy the correct sunscreen with an SPF that really does suit your skin complexion (doesn't matter if your black our white; the sun doesn't discriminate).
4. Snacks: Let’s be honest, those people selling snacks on the beach can’t always be found, and when you do find them they don’t always have your favourite snacks. Apart from this, carrying money onto the beach is often a hassle and can get lost/ stolen easily. A solution to this is just to bring your own snacks to the beach. If you’re going with a group, try split the costs by each person contributing by buying their favourite snacks or making their favourite snacks and sharing with the group.
5. Sundress: There’s nothing better than enjoying the beach whilst rocking the perfect sundress. A beautiful sundress is an amazing way to rock the beach whilst looking so fresh. A great benefit is the fact that it’s so easy to slip on and take off so you can quickly head into the water and put it back on without the hassle of having to worry about all your clothes sticking onto you.
These are just a few of our top beach essentials. Feel free to comment and tell us your favourite beach essentials we would definitely love to hear what else is amazing for the beach in terms of what you definitely love to bring. Once again we would love to give a big shout out to HomeAway and thank them ever so much for letting us be able to do this collaboration with them and a personal thank you to Bryanna for HomeAway for contacting us.
HomeAway connects vacationers and travelers to their dream vacation house. To learn more about HomeAway feel free to click the button below!
Vimbai and Lindi are two best friends who have always had a desire for new beginnings. Having just finished Matric, they decided it was the perfect time to chase their passions. Together they decided to venture out into the blogging industry.